Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Weekend Update
Last Thursday, Wynden, Diesel and myself headed north to...Calgary, not the Olympics. Anyway we went to a wedding there. A friend of the Holman family's daughter was getting married, so Wynden thought it would be nice to go. We originally were going to take all the kids and drive, then we decided to take just Diesel and drive, but then when we saw a cheap flight out of Abbotsford we couldn't pass up the hour long plane ride compared to probably 14 hours in the car. It was fun. It was cold though, very cold. So what does it mean to be gone for five days for me: a lot of clothes to wash, I mean a lot. 5 days x 7 people = an insane amount of time washing, folding, and putting away. A slight weight gain. Tired kids. Our kids never sleep the same when we are gone, so it usually takes a few days to get them right on track. Last night Hunter was up and joined us in our bed (oh how I missed being kicked all night by a third party), Hallie was up earlier than normal, and Diesel was up three times (bad habits formed in hotel room sleeping). Oh and the best part of last night was the cat, who I've mentioned before, that cries like a baby outside on our patio. I wake up thinking its Hallie and soon discover that it is the most idiotic cat who is proclaiming its love and longing for our already spayed cat, Belle. It is that time of year where all the male cats come out of the woodwork to fight, cry, and spray everywhere around our house to mark there territory for the female cat that lives outside our home. These male cats are the best of the best for it only takes them three months to figure out that they will get nowhere with this female cat. Hunter got a bebe gun for his birthday and I am firing away. I will not stand for this crying business no longer. I am sure they are all scared. Other than that we are good and glad to be home. I am hoping that our next adventure will take us somewhere tropical, one can only hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you got to get away!
does wynden still cry for you?
Post a Comment