Friday, February 26, 2010
Cherish Every Moment
While I was blog stocking the other day (Wynden asked me not too long ago after I told him a story that I had read on someone's blog, how did you find their blog and I said oh honey if you have one blog address you can play for hours), I read something that I really need reminding of all the time and she put it so perfectly. Basically what it talked about was that her daughter is a clutter bug (I believe I have four clutter bugs here) she saves everything and leaves little messes everywhere. As she was cleaning up one morning, after her daughter had left for school, this particular mom was of course angry and irritated, but realized that these messes and clutter won't be around forever, but one day will be in a different state possibly at school or in a home of her own. The big picture is that when these messes that we frantically clean up all day long or the laundry that we continually fold and put away for our children when this stops and if we don't have these things to do then this means that they are no longer living with us. So if our houses are free of clutter they will be free of little hand prints and little hugs and cuddles and of our children who grew up so fast that we didn't stop to enjoy it, but instead beat ourselves up trying to keep a perfectly clean house. So I will try to laugh more at the clutter and enjoy what I find that they have chosen to hide under their beds instead of being mad about it. I love my kids and with any kid comes some sort of mess...every single day and I am ok with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
This was something I really needed to be reminded of too! The other night I started a sentence to Marcus like "you know, I just really have to say..." and he cut me off and said "let me guess, this is a story about something you read off of a blog, right?"
It totally was, busted! But it is so true how reading about what someone else is implementing in their life can be inspiring for yours.
So hard to implement.
i am just so wise, that i already knew that, which is why my house is always so messy.
so true. have you checked out mimi's blog? Karlee is so so cute!
I love kaitlyns comment and I second it:) but really I was just looking yesterday and thinking I swear the house was just cleaned up, and I turn around and it is a mess again:( dull women have immaculate homes ( not true of you and Lydia) don't think I have seen wither house a mess before:)
i had a visiting teacher who would come visit, and always had a treat for my kids. I would apologize for the mess, and she would say, don't be, it's just toys.
it seems like those perfectly pristine homes you see in the movies is just that--fake! i just had the kids so a laundry folding party and a mudroom cleaning party because they have so much stuff. I just close the doors to their rooms and leave it at that. But my baby girl will graduate next year, and it seems like yesterday she was born. It does go back like that.
i think you do a great job of balancing cleaning and enjoying your kids... your family is so happy and have so much fun! you're an amazing mother!
I remind myself of this ALL.THE.TIME. Especially when I find myself putting the babe in the excersaucer just so I can clean.... I'm dealin' with a not pristine house, because I know they will be gone way too fast... Just seems like yesterday I was taking Joseph to elementary school, and now he'll be a Senior next year... :/ Time flys too fast too worry about messes and fingerprints (too much) ;)
You are a wise mommy. They do grow up so fast and you can have a picked up house then. I still leave handprints on windows to remind me of little ones. Enjoy the messes!!!!!
I'm like Ellie ~ I still have Lizzie prints on the window from her visit. Her bath toys have been out still too. They really do grow up too fast. Just remember to teach the kids how to clean a toilet every once in a while ;D
Post a Comment