On Sunday a scavenger hunt for Halloween was passed out as a fun activity leading up to our church's Halloween party. I was not planning on doing it, but that night the kids started looking at it and collecting items with their cousins. Three of the items had to do with gravestones at the cemetery, so I said let's go! We ran around the cemetery for about a half hour in the pouring down rain and very dark out I might add. We had a blast. Creepy huh. Well I have OCD (before this game I thought a mild case), so once I had it in my head that we were going to play, it was defiantly GAME ON! For the next two days it was all I could think about I was feeding Diesel in the middle of the night and thinking of where I could find this or find that. There were I think 50 items ranging from a scratch and sniff sticker to a wooden stamp of an owl or how about a penny dated 1967. A picture with a scarecrow and a picture of a bad hair day. Well you guessed it I found every item and was the first to get it all turned in. The kicker is that it is on a point system, so depending on the details of some items there are bonus points, which I got some, but not all. The winners will be announced on Friday. The kids are all about the prize, but for me it was just finding every thing and winning of course :) Who cares about the prize. I told Lorena (the person who came up with the game) that if she didn't announce my name as the winner after all I went through to get everything she might see me with arms stretched wide to take her out. My house was a mess and my car was hideous. I am just so glad it is over and I can return to my normal state of mind. Where you might ask do I get such obsessive behavior from? Well my dad called 4 times on Tuesday to see if I found things or to find out what else I needed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
lol! Amanda had fun doing this too. Love the bad hair day photo ")
This does not surprise me at all. You are totally going to win.
you ARE a FREAK! :O)
I didn't know Joe was like that too?!?! So funny! I love scavanger hunts, let me know if they ever do another one and I will totally do it with you guys...SERIOUSLY!
Oh my GOSH!!! You are so funny! We just got the list the night before they were do, so I'm afraid we made a poor showing, but the kids and Kevin had fun while I worked! :) So, no competition here :)
Jamie, It is too bad that you went to all of that work only to finish in second place.
Craig M.
Even the live spider?!?! Well, I had 2 sick kiddos and an out of town hubby so no competition from us. Hope you win!
Post a Comment