Friday, July 24, 2009

Five kids...Don't worry I'm not losing my mind, but I am losing my...


HAIR!!!! The dreaded time has arrived it is coming out by the handfuls. For those of you who have never experienced this consider yourselves very lucky. Every time I have a baby about two and half to three months after i start losing my hair. I guess from hormones or something. I don't lose very much during my pregnancy, but then after I sure make up for lost time. My showers are longer because I stand there and run my fingers through my hair trying to get any loose ones, so I won't have to deal with them later, which takes forever because there are a lot of loose ones. After my shower it looks like a cat is dead lying on the drain when in reality it is half the hair from my head. The joys of picking up Diesel and there on his face or in his hands is one of my hairs. Hallie is all the time saying "mommy a hair" while she proceeds to stick out her tongue and pull one of my curly locks off of it. Oh and the best of all bests when you are in conversation with someone and a little tickle starts that is very annoying and impossible to ignore. Yes you guessed it a hair in the bra. "Please excuse me while I reach down my shirt and get this annoying hair out of my bra, but please keep talking, don't let me interrupt you" I am a little blessed to have curly hair where the new baby hairs that come about six months later can hide in already crazy curl that already sticks out everywhere compared to those that have straight hair where new little baby hairs are hard to hide. But in the end, it is worth losing my hair for a sweet little bundle of joy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah ha ha ha!!! Seriously you are so funny. I hate that hair in the bra thing. It's the WORST! I'm sorry you're loosing your hair, it happened with me after I had Charlie too. Well, it could be worse, right? I mean what if it was our eye brows that fell out or something??? :-)Courtney

Lydia said...

I nearly forgot about this...but this is the second post I've read about loosing hair after baby today! I'm not looking forward to it as I have so few hairs on my head already :) I hate it the hair-in-the-bra too. That's too funny about Hallie!

Vashti said...

My falls out by the fistfull! I feel your pain sister!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

I lost SO much hair around my 4th month post-partum. And it lasted until 8 months and it's exactly as you've described. Wookies in the hair drain, hair constantly in Kaden's hands, etc. Luckily, it's growing back now but I have globs of flyaways right around my face. It looks pretty good :)

P.S. Jeff and I call that hair tickle "the mysterious tickle" because it's so darn hard to find!!

Suzanne said...

you just described my life right now! my STRAIGHT hair is coming out by the handfulls as well! i look like i have male patterned baldness, and just wait in a couple months those baby hairs will be sticking straight up! UGH. but it is totally worth it! :o) the hair tickle is the WORST!

Peter and Lesha said...

I know this pain all to well, if it is a hormone imbalance there has to be something we can do though you would think? something we could take? that is my mission before this one is borne is to study up and find out what it is, of course by this time you will be over this and onto new things but I think it's worth the search! Yes you are very lucky with curly hair. the worst is when it's hot and you have to reach down in between your boob to get a hair nothing like sweaty boobs:) ok to much info there:)

Unknown said...

I have no curl, so my baby hairs grow back STRAIGHT UP! Yay!

JenM. said...

It is such a maddening injustice what those hormones do to us. Why can't it be our cellulite that falls magically down the shower drain?

At least my kids have cute backsides. I guess they're worth it...