Monday, July 13, 2009
Memories...
I totally am cracking up over an old memory after reading my friend Courtney's blog, which of course reminded me of it. I was at my first year of college (SPU in Seattle) and homesick of course after only two weeks of being gone :) Anyway it was a homecoming football game at Lynden High School and a lot of my friends were going to be there, so I decided to go with my good friend Kristie. I am a born and raised in Lynden girl and if anyone knows anything about how Lynden girls used to be we were well known for blond hair and big hair. Well I am not originally blond, but I could get my hair pretty poofy ( easy to do with curly hair). So we are all standing around talking and of course my friend and I spent a lot of time trying to look good because we knew there would be a lot of people at this game, so I guess you could say my hair was pretty curly and big. Out of no where this bird comes flying at me and lands right on the top of my head no joke. Craziest thing ever. I guess he thought looks like a comfy bird nest and a nice place for him to take a rest. I shook my head and flailed my arms about and the bird took off pretty fast, but needless to say I wanted to die!!!! It's funny how other people's stories can spark a memory of your own. I certainly wasn't laughing about the bird that night, but sure am tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is too funny I still think of Lynden girls having blond big hair and tan shin :) that is hilarious though.
that is so funny...a similar thing happened to me...i was going with an old boyfriend to meet his best friend and his family...a knew that they were animal lovers...but i was more afraid of the dogs that they had that on all fours were almost as tall as me...that makes me very uneasy...well to my surprise they also have a love of birds (which freak me out)...bit i had an impression to make...so we get there they show us around outside...so far so good...then we go inside...they had birds everywhere...not all in cages...well one of these big white birds flies around and around me...like looking for a place to land...well he found it...my head!!!...where it proceeded to root around on my head as if not only it looked like a nest but it must have looked like dinner...im am trying to look like everything is cool when a second bird flew aver and landed on my shoulder...that was is i was totally embarassed.
Okay, now I'm totally laughing! That is WAY FUNNY! A bird in your hair totally beats my story :)
And Cheryl, I'm afraid of dogs too :) That would FREAK ME OUT if birds were landing on me though!
So funny! I thought Texas girls were the ones with big hair. I have some high school pics to prove it. I still have It in me I really really really want a Bump It,so I can rock a pony!
Post a Comment