Friday, May 24, 2013

The California Finale

Lexi and Hunter got to try out my brother in laws snorkeling equipment oxygen and all.  It was in a pool, so no tropical fish to see or anything.


Hallie spent a ton of time on the counter.  She was deathly afraid of my sisters 3 lb dog.  The last day she finally realized there was nothing to be afraid of, Mercedes was not going to get her.
Lexi got a few highlights in her hair by my niece, who is going to beauty school.

I am so glad that I took the kids to California again this year.  We had a good time.  On the way back I got a  little confused on directions and ended up taking highway 101 to Lincoln City where I met Wynden.  Highway 101 is beautiful.  There are huge redwood trees along the roads.  You get to see the coast, which is amazing.  It was a very windy day, so the waves were crashing up against the rocks and it looked so cool, but it is the windiest road you will ever be on.  Originally I was going to go this way home, but then I saw how curvy it was and was like no way.  My kids get too carsick.  It was torturous.  Hunter, Lexi, and Hallie all got sick.  I was prepared with Ziploc bags though, they are the best for car sickies.  Even though the ride was awful the ten hours to our destination went really fast thank goodness.  We were really excited to see Wynden.  Jonathan and Suzanne came with Wynden too, so we had a nice time with them.  It is always nice to get home after being gone for over a week, but I'm so glad we went.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This post makes me excited to take my kids on road trips to go see my sister!

Black Family said...

Fun! Years ago when it was just Jake and I we took the 101 down to the Bottom of Oregon....such a fun trip but took much longer and I thought I was going to puke the whole way...lol! But like you said super pretty! I love road trips!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!