Monday, February 18, 2013

We like to win


We finished our season last weekend.  Hunter lost out his first game of the tournament, which they played really well (they were third graders in a 4th grade league) and lost by 5 points.  His team improved a lot and I am so proud of how well Hunter played the entire season.  Lexi's team only lost one regular season game the whole year and won first place in their division.  They beat a 6th grade team for 1st place.  She did awesome and plays so aggressively you wouldn't know it was her out there.  It is funny how crazy basketball has gotten in Lynden since I was a youth.  I know a girl who has played in over sixty games as an eighth grader since October and that's not including the Middle school league just her AAU league.  It is some  people's life to play basketball here in our town.  As much as I love basketball we will have to find a happy medium for our family of seven. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've noticed a life-altering sports insanity around here. I know you guys are smart enough to keep it in check, but I've seen a lot of questionable priorities. Especially in volleyball. It makes me really sad for the kids!