Monday, August 1, 2011

Goodbye Aldergrove Lake













I can remember going up to Aldergrove Lake as a kid. Wynden and I went up there when we were dating. I have taken my kids there ever since Lexi was a baby. I thought that for sure this would be the summer for the lake. The kids are at perfect ages. Our first time up we pulled into the parking lot, which was rather empty for the first nice day of summer. Our lake had been filled and was now a sand park. Aldergrove lake was a man made lake with a pump and water filter. Budget cuts apparently happen in Canada too because they did not have the funding any more to keep it up. So sad. We let the kids play for a while and said a final goodbye to the sand park because a sand park with no water is no fun and we will not be going back.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard. Loved that little lake.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the head's up! I was thinking about going sometime soon!

I like Whatcom better though, am I crazy?

Peter and Lesha said...

no way!! I used to go there as a kid but had not gone since I have had kids infact forgot about it. but what a great place and it was so nice and shallow I remember walking to the middle :) sad

Jeremy Saunders said...

That is so sad! Love your post about the basketball, you are so competitive, love it! And Happy Birthday Hallie!
m

kaitlyn said...

sorry jayme. i know you are sad about this!