Friday, September 10, 2010

Ho Hum...


Not too much has been happening lately, except of course getting back on schedule for school. I did pull a muscle in my back, which is always a lot of fun. We were at the football game last Friday when Diesel made a run for the field, so I turned to get him before he made it and I felt that feeling that I know too well.


The very first time I hurt my back I was a sophomore in high school and we were running lines in basketball. I bent over to touch the line and ouch! I went to the doctor and he said I pulled a muscle, prescribed some muscle relaxants, and plenty of rest to recover. I took a muscle relaxant and headed downstairs to my bedroom. I felt a little funny, but that's what meds do to me that is why I try to never take them. I slept in that morning planning to go to school late. I got up went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and what a sight! I looked like I had gained 100 lbs. My face was huge. At first I was like am I still sleeping and then I thought oh my goodness have I always looked like this and I am just now seeing my true self for the first time. My mom was sitting in her chair reading the paper and having her morning coffee and I said "mom what is wrong with my face" she pulls her paper down and takes one look at me and starts cracking up. I was almost in tears and she couldn't stop laughing. I eventually joined in assuming this was not permanent. Apparently what had happened was I had an allergic reaction to the muscle relaxants and was very lucky to be alive. My face and neck were swollen about half an inch away from killing me. (the picture is from me taking a picture of it I have no scanner) My face was like that for a week and when the swelling finally went down my skin was all scaly and the top layer peeled off. How's that for hot.


Anyway I did go to the doctor for a referral (just love Group Health) for physical therapy and massage, but I had to wait 3 days for the approval and then the pt didn't have an appointment available until next week. I'm glad that my back will finally receive the care it needs by the time it feels better.

6 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

oh my gosh I first saw the picture without reading the story, and don't get me wrong I would still love you anyway but holy goodness, that is too funny so glad you are alive:) that is crazy though well I guess you could hang it on your fridge and it would be great to keeping you skinny, not that you need help lady you look great:) that was a great story though sucks about your back I know what that feels like my neck/back goes out monthly and it sucks I think I have paid for the chiropractors house by now:(

Vashti said...

OH my goodness!! That picture is awesome! I started laughing right away when I first saw it. I thought at first that it was from wisdom teeth removal. Marcus looked like that when we got his wisdom teeth out.
You are a lifesaver in so many ways, thanks for always being there for me!

Shara said...

Oh Jayme....wow. That picture is priceless. Never heard that story before. Glad you were ok, but what a shock to wake up to! :) Thanks for making me laugh!

Lydia said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is a funny photo :) Allergic reactions can be scary!

Jeremy Saunders said...

YOUCH!!!!! Get better soon, busy moms do not deserve to pull any muscles!
mimi

Unknown said...

I thought this was going to be a crazy weightloss story that I knew nothing about! :)