Monday, January 30, 2012

If you miss the sun, then go to it.



And that is just what we did. We left on Thursday for Cancun and came back a week later relaxed and ready to take on life again. I know, I know I am very spoiled.




The beach collected a lot of seaweed so this was their way of slowing it to shore. Huge nets filled with sand. It was really fun trying to get up on them. You had to wait for a big wave and then dive up with it and and pull yourself up a very slippery surface.


One of the 8 restaurants within in the resort (not including the four buffets) Brazilian style buffet. You get the salad bar stuff yourself and then they bring all the meats around to your table. You have a card on one side is red and the other is green indicating when you want the meat to start and when you want them to stop bringing it.





On Wednesday (the day before we left) we went to the beach and fried! The sun is obviously a little strong by the water.






The pool water was very very cold! If I had one complaint about the resort it would be this.





Wynden played on the laptop or ipod touch the whole day while I read my books.





The maid trying to get a tip the day before we left.






Our very own private jacuzzi tub right outside our room.



7 comments:

April said...

You looked so beautiful and tan today. I think everyone living here in rainy Bellingham should take a vacation somewhere warm during these winter months. Good for you and what a nice trip to get away with your hubby!
A

Lydia said...

I'm jealous you could read by the pool. When we went, it wasn't so relaxing.....let's just say, if we ever go anywhere like that again the kids are staying home! :)

Peter and Lesha said...

I am totally happy for you. I was totally kidding on your last post. you do deserve it and I would have been on a plan last week if I would have just left peter here :)

Andrea said...

Brazilian restaurants like that are the best! Yum!!
Glad you got some sun!

ellie said...

Too funny - Ben and Britney are there right now for the week. You guys deserved some sun and fun after the storms you've had!!

Lexi Jo said...

So Ellie do you have their kids :)

Jayme said...

Lexi jo is Jayme. Darn kids.