We were lucky enough to enjoy 10 days in sunny California this month. We flew into San Diego and headed up to Anaheim where we stayed for half the trip and finished off the other half in Palm Springs. The plane ride went great both ways. The only problem we encountered was when the plane landed in San Diego we waited for everyone else to get off. We had talked about that I would go first then the kids and finally Wynden. Karlee decided that she would be the first kid. Well for some reason Wynden went first and Hunter followed. Picture this: Karlee, her suitcase that we needed her to pull to make it all work because we didn't check anything, Lexi who had a backpack on and then her suitcase behind her, me holding Hallie with my suitcase in tow. We were,'t moving yet and Wynden is off the plane now. So I say to Karlee "go Karlee" and she replies "I'm not moving" and I say "why not?" and she says "I was suppose to be first!" She doesn't cry, but she doesn't move either. And for the next five minutes I try to bribe her, threaten her, anything to get her to move. There was no way I could get to her. By this time the few that hadn't hurried to get off the plane were now lined up behind us and the flight attendant is trying to get Karlee to move as well and she is not budging for nobody. Finally a flight attendant from the front of the plane comes and grabs Karlee's suitcase to carry it forward, so now I can reach her and she is of course screaming because he took her suitcase. Wynden finally figures out that we are not coming and returns to find out the problem. So we end up exiting the plane and entering the terminal with three crying kids (actually Karlee was screaming). Everyone looking at us like oh I bet that was a long horrible plane ride, but I just smiled and laughed a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The California trip sounds great! Funny story about the plane ride. I can't believe she would not move! Hilarious (for me).
What a pill :) I love Cali... I get to go in a month! Woo! Alone too :)
Sounds like the Vrieling family...
Post a Comment