Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting ready for Halloween


Every year the third graders do a chalk walk in downtown Lynden.  Hunter got super creative by mixing colors and shading with his finger.  He did a really good job.

Kindergarten field trip to Stoney Ridge Farms.  We were so lucky and the rain held off until we were loading the buses to go back to the school.  I had a really good time with Hallie and her friends.  My group was lucky because I love those donuts, so we shared a couple of bags.


Carving pumpkins with dad.  Somehow I have turned our pumpkin carving into Wynden's thing I don't know how I did it, but I tell him it is tradition for him to do this and it has been like this for about 10 years now.  I think for so long I was either pregnant or nursing that I couldn't or didn't feel like helping, so now it is dad's tradition. I just stand around taking pictures or do whatever.  I love it.

Church Harvest Festival.  The kids dressed up, fished for treats, bowled with a pumpkin, did a cupcake walk, and tried to eat a donut tied to a string with no hands.  Diesel was hilarious with the donut.  He couldn't do it.  It kept just smacking him in the face.  He had white powder everywhere.

I think the events leading up to Halloween are a lot more fun than the actual night of freezing your bottom off getting candy....don't get me wrong I do love the candy.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I usually do the same thing when carving pumpkins....leave it to dad. Except this year I ended up carving three of them.